Thursday, January 15, 2009

Dale's song-BEAUTIFUL MOM

First click on this picture to get the full effect before reading on!!
So Dale goes around telling everyone how beautiful they are!!  It is so precious.  It started with him telling me how beautiful I am countlessly throughout each and everyday!  Whether he was in trouble or not.
We did have to explain to him that we call men and boys handsome and women and girls beautiful as he progressed to including Brandt and Lorenzo.  He didn't like it at first but has now come to accept it.  So guess what?    Yup, he tells them countlessly how handsome they are too!
So a few days ago he started singing a song to me with the two words that never changed- "beautiful mom".   And even pulled out his guitar and serenaded me with it several times.
Then yesterday he actually sat down and was writing on his paper and singing the same song quietly and happily to himself until he was done.  Then he came over to me and showed me his 'music'.  It was the sweetest thing ever.  He had even taken the time to draw me at the bottom of the page.  Now hysterically I looked like an alien blob with all the works, like attacking a village...I kid you not!!! But he swears its me and our home and that it is a beautiful day. LOL!  But to him it was a masterpiece and so now it proudly sits on the fridge as the newest addition of art.
I will have to get a picture taken of it and include it with this post.  Just to make sure you can share in my moment right along with me!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard Leilani! What a sweet little boy!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Favorite Books

  • The Lion, the witch, and the wardrobe series
  • Tom Clancy series-The hunt for red october
  • Horrible Harry series
  • Junie B. Jones
  • The classics such as Shakespeare
  • The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings
  • Harry Potter
  • Twilight series

Favorite movies

  • The hunt for red october
  • The man with one red shoe
  • Batman movies
  • Prince Caspian
  • The Lion, the witch, and the wardrobe
  • Harry Potter
  • Lord of the Rings
  • Twilight

Tabs on the Tibbitts

My photo
Abilene, TX, United States
BRANDT flies for Southwest Airlines and loves planes, photography, guns!....... LEILANI homeschools, dances, does gymnastics,runs 10 miles, does martial arts....she plays piano, flute,guitar and sings and models!......... LORENZO plays guitar, piano and singing. Does gymnastics, dance, martial arts and pottery!....... DALE plays piano and guitar! Does gymnastics, dance, martial arts